Learning backstage skills and lighting

Well, as Fatboy Slim once sang, 'We've come a long long way together'. I can certainly say that. We are starting to do full runs, and on Monday, a technical run through. I cannot say I'm not excited.

These past two weeks, for me, have involved the building of props and rigging a few lights (if you see the prison bars, kite, and neck sign, think of me). It has been a social adventure, making new friends, and noticing more and more about them everyday. A learning experience as well as many life skills, such as how to make a good cup of tea, have been learned.

Yesterday I got my first experience handling the lighting board. I sat down in front of the desk, my inner fangirl screaming inside me. It was definitely fun playing with the moving lights. Cutting out colour is certainly not as fun, but just as essential.

Today was a rest day for the actors, but a work day for the lighting, and a hard one at that. Once we finished aligning the lights, making sure they looked pretty, we started plotting them for the show. Then, I was sent home to catch up on well needed sleep.

This is my first year in 1066 Youth Theatre, and I'm loving it. I can't recommend it highly enough as a thing to do in the end of the summer, typically the worst part, that has now become the best.



Joe Marks 
(Lighting)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Copperfield Rehearsal Day Eight

Hollow - show tomorrow!

Last Rehearsals