David Copperfield Rehearsal Day Nine

It's now exactly a week until the opening night and I can't quite believe how quickly it's passed and how far we've come.  Although most of us could quite happily fall asleep on our feet when we get home, it is so satisfying to watch things come together in such a short space of time.

Today we have rehearsed the whole of Act 1 and have gone over many scenes from Act 2 as well. One of the scenes I was very excited to go over was the wedding scene as I have been asked to provide live music for a dance. This was equally challenging and nerve-racking as it is a completely new experience for me. However, with a lot of unwavering support and practise, we managed to get the music to fit with only a few mistakes on my part.  A scene was also added for my character at the beginning of Act 2 and, despite it being only a few seconds long with no dialogue, I feel that it gives more of an insight into how he is feeling after the events of Act 1.

This is my first time performing with the 1066 Youth Theatre and one of the things that has really surprised me is the sense of community. People aren't separated into groups by age or experience, everyone comes together as though we had all been friends for ages. Not only does this makes it so much more comfortable working but I think it shows in the relationships between people's characters and people's confidence performing and rehearsing with each other.
All in all, it's been wonderful so far and I'm sure it will continue to be. Even though the performance dates are looming, a week doesn't feel as long as it did this morning.

Bryony Gordon
(Ham in David Copperfield)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Copperfield Rehearsal Day Eight

Hollow - show tomorrow!

Last Rehearsals