Song to the Siren: Day Three of Rehearsal


Day Three.
 
With this being my final year of 1066 Youth Theatre I am truly determined to get the most out of this production, and its proving to be one of the most challenging years yet! Each story has its own unique physicality, from creating lavish boats to overwhelming stormy soundscapes, scenes of deep emotion to high intensity sword fights; it's safe to say that Niall and Barbara are keeping us busy! With stories beginning to come together and come to life, the production is really starting to take shape and I am so excited to see where we are in a week after having already created so much in just three days. 

Today we took more ‘Actors own’ time, which allows us to break off into smaller groups to look at specific scenes or key moments as well as start to discover our characters individually. I personally used this time to re-read over the story ‘The Shore’, this time really focusing on viewing it from my character, Grace’s perspective. This helped me to understand her more deeply and will hopefully allow me to portray a more convincing performance when we bring it to life on stage. 

Overall, although I am completely exhausted, I can safely say that my last year of Youth Theatre will be just as brilliant as my first, and although I am not performing with so many familiar faces I still feel like we bond as a group and as a true theatre company. I’ll definitely be back again (to help out at least) and see what the new generations of Youth Theatre can produce! 

Emily Cooper, Grace, Circe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Copperfield Rehearsal Day Eight

Hollow - show tomorrow!

Last Rehearsals